Christ Child House has been providing care for abused and neglected children in the Detroit area since 1948. Today it is an intensive treatment center fully licensed by the state of Michigan to provide residential services for up to 31 boys, ages 5 through 16, who suffer emotional, behavioral and physical impairment resulting from severe abuse and neglect.
Christ Child House, which is owned and operated by the Christ Child Society of Detroit, is a nationally respected 501(c)(3) agency that is accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Families and Children (COA), and is a member of the Michigan Federation for Children and Families. In 2012 The House was named “Best Children’s Home in Detroit” for the fourth year in a row, by the US. Commerce Association.
The mission of Christ Child House is to “provide professional and comprehensive treatment programs for children and families at risk through therapeutic services focused on individualized treatment.”
The philosophy of Christ Child House — “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood” — guides the agency in its special mission.
Christ Child House can always utilize financial contributions to assist in sustaining and expanding the agency’s programs and services.
If you would like to make a tax-deductible, charitable donation to Christ Child House, please click on the “Donations Welcome” button below or send a check, made out to Christ Child House, to:
Christ Child House Attn: Donation 15751 Joy Road Detroit, Michigan 48228
Adult volunteers are always needed for the tutoring program at Christ Child House. Most tutors come to the House for an hour once a week, usually after school or in the early evening. Our boys need patience and individual attention to assist with homework; neither specific knowledge nor a teaching degree are required. We ask that you commit to a six-month period of time to provide continuity and stability for the student; many tutors find the experience greatly rewarding and stay with us for several years. For more information please contact Kim Kelsey, Academic Coordinator email@example.com 313-584-6077 Ext. 26.
Do you have a business which caters to children? The House is always looking for extra-curricular activities for our active boys. If you have the means and desire to sponsor an event, either in-house or offsite, please contact the agency at 313-584-6077. CCH is a 501(c)3 nonprofit entity and your donation will be tax deductible.
- Volunteer and group activity sponsorship opportunities at Christ Child House include:
- Hosting/sponsoring group activities such as yoga and exercise classes, Cosplay, pottery workshops/classes, Arts and Scraps, wood shop classes and model car building classes and dance classes
- Game night sponsorships (come and play board and video games with the boys and provide lunch or dinner)
- Movie night
- Social, cultural and recreational trips to the movies, museums, science centers, zoos, camping, Dave and Buster, LEGOLAND, Whirly ball, bowling, roller-skating, ice skating, Detroit Winterfest and dinner out, pizza gift certificates, restaurant gift certificates
- In-kind donations are always welcomed and appreciated by Christ Child House.
- If you would like to donate any of the items on our wish list, please contact the agency at 313-584-6077